Making Zero Harm Measurable
Koppers Safety, Health and Environmental Policy
Zero Harm is the logical extension of the Koppers Safety, Health and Environmental policy, the standards establishing a foundation of requirements and expectations. Zero Harm takes those minimal standards and works to deepen them among all elements of the company's decision-making and actions, elevating our performance from compliance to commitment.
The Koppers SHE Policy calls for:
- Compliance with all applicable safety, health, environmental and security laws, regulations and other requirements to which Koppers subscribes.
- Pollution prevention in order to preserve the environment for the health, productivity and enjoyment of future generations.
- Protection of people through the management of product, process and other safety risks.
- Continuous improvement of safety, health, environmental and security systems and performance.
- Communication regarding business operations and potential risks, both internally and externally, to promote openness with stakeholders.
|Safety Statistics (aggregate, all regions)||2015||2014||2013||2012|
|Days Away Case Rate||1.21||0.76||0.90||0.72|
|Total Recordable Rate||3.45||3.91||3.71||3.99|
- *There was one contractor fatality (non-Koppers employee) in Europe in 2013.