2015 Performance Highlights
- Launched the Zero Harm initiative to run all aspects of Koppers business free of accidents or injuries impacting employees, the environment or neighboring communities.
- Achieved certification in the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care® initiative across 18 global facilities and Koppers corporate headquarters.
- Expanded business through the startup of a new plant in China and the acquisition of Performance Chemicals and Railroad Structures without increasing greenhouse gas emissions above 2012 levels. (Greenhouse gas emissions were reduced by 25 percent between 2012 and 2014.)
- Received awards from BNSF Railway, Canadian National Railway and Union Pacific Railroad for excellence in chemical transportation safety performance.
- Installed a reverse osmosis system at our Stickney, Illinois plant, projected to save $75,000 per year in energy costs