Koppers provides its carbon pitch customers with world-class technical assistance, and our Koppers Global Technology Center has years of experience with carbon products property analysis. Because we share all of the information with our technical colleagues in Europe and Australia, we are able to offer customer support based upon global experience.
Koppers Global Technology Center offers:
- Complete analysis of coal tar
- Laboratory distillation of coal tar to coal tar pitch
- Complete analysis of coal tar pitch
- Simulation of customers processes for mixing, forming, vibrating and baking of anodes
- Basic analysis of baked anode cores
- The use of laboratory tests under precisely controlled conditions to simulate the actual fabrication and evaluation of anodes can yield valuable information on the performance of feedstocks and the detection of operational problems.
Carbon Raw Material Evaluation Study is based on statistical evaluation of a plurality of analytical tests performed on laboratory carbons prepared under precisely controlled conditions. Using this approach, the test material is compared to concurrent control raw materials of known plant performance. Preparation of the carbons can be performed by vibration or by molding.
Routine Test Service
In addition to raw material studies, the Carbon Testing Laboratory is equipped to provide routine tests of pitch and formed carbon materials.
Measuring the properties of:
- crude coal tar
- coal tar pitch
- carbon anodes
For more information about carbon testing services please contact: Tom Baron (email@example.com) at Koppers Global Technology Center, 412-826-3980.